Term: Spring 2009
Date and Time: Tuesday 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Location: E6- A203
Number of credits: 3 credits
Instructor: Chia-Hui Chang
E-mail: chia at csie dot ncu dot edu dot tw
Office Hours: Monday 3:00 - 4:50 or by appointment.
- Introducing students to the basic concepts and techniques of data mining.
- Learning by doing it, i.e. developing skills of using DM algorithms for knowledge discovery.
- To gain experience of doing independent study and research.
- Preliminary (2~3weeks)
- Predictive data mining (4 weeks)
- Association rule mining (3 weeks)
- Cluster analysis (3 weeks)
- Sequence labling (2 weeks)
- Learning to rank (2 weeks)
- Two~Three Assignments: 40%
- Project: 30%
- Presence: 10%
- Exam: 20%
- Stanley Fan
- Office Hour: